From: Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Aug 27, 2020 8:30 am
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Brass freight car noise

As might a stick of styrene carefully wedged between the sides, perhaps glued in place.  CAREFULLY as you don’t want to inadvertently deform the car sides by pushing them outward so make the stick just long enough to stay in place but without using a lot of force.  By changing the length of the vibrating side, you interfere with whatever resonance is causing the noise.

Schuyler