Re: WP 1201-1250 Tank Cars

Tom,

This is a poor copy, from a photocopy of WPHS's HEADLIGHT, spring 1990. And yes, they had a dome platform and ladder on only one side.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 10:39 AM Tom Lawler <tjlawler@...> wrote:
Hello All,

Do any of the tank car fanatics on this list have a photo they can share of these cars circa ‘30’s or ‘40’s? I am looking for the “as built” lettering. In particular I want to know if the right hand data was placed right or left of the tank bands. It was unusual for thIs lettering to be to the left of the bands and most of the later photos you see of these cars had it placed left of the bands but was it that way originally?

Thank you,

Tom