Re: New NYC gondola kit and more

Brian Carlson

Tom. Does that floor fit as a separate piece into the underframe of the kit? I’m wondering if I could remove that wooden floor and scratch a steel floor.  Modeling 57 I should have one with a steel floor.

Brian J. Carlson

On Aug 28, 2020, at 6:37 PM, Tom Madden via groups.io <pullmanboss@...> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 04:06 PM, mopacfirst wrote:
My question is whether the wood floor would be correct or not for that late time frame.  I had some trouble installing it, and I'm not entirely satisfied with how it fits inside the car (due to my efforts, no fault of the original kit).  If it ought to be scuffed and bedraggled, that would suit me.
Here's the floor casting from the new kit. Sorry for the bow - it was the top one in a stack of 25 and the scuffing and bedraggling resulted in bulged boards in the center of the pattern. It will flatten out.

Tom Madden
<GonFloor.jpg>