Re: New NYC gondola kit and more

Tom Madden

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 05:14 PM, Brian Carlson wrote:
Tom. Does that floor fit as a separate piece into the underframe of the kit? I’m wondering if I could remove that wooden floor and scratch a steel floor.  Modeling 57 I should have one with a steel floor.
The inner floor is separate so you can sandwich a weight between it and the car floor. The underframe is cast with the body, and the view from underneath is of a wood floor. If you can tolerate that, you could certainly scratch a steel floor for the interior. It's a really simple kit with only three castings - one body, one floor for inside the car, and a cast sheet of small parts.

Tom Madden