Re: Flat Black

Tony Thompson

Denny Anspach wrote:

Now that Testor’s (ModelMaster) have apparently left the hobby market (joining with MTH next April), what have listers been choosing for their solvent based paints, particularly flat black.  The Tamiya is excellent, but also the very flattest of any flat black imaginable. I have some Floquil left, but it is from the end of production, it never drys, and is -hesitantly- headed for the trash.

    You can still buy Scalecoat, or the Star Brand paint from PBL is very dependable. I find myself using it  more and more.

Tony Thompson