PFE Wood Ice Reefer Listings data

Dick Harley

In December 1959, PFE compiled two listings of their Wood ice reefers - one for cars still in service, and one for cars out of service.   Copies of those listings were obtained from the California State RR Museum Library in Sacramento, CA.   I have transcribed some of those listings into an Excel spreadsheet and sorted and summarized the data for various PFE classes.   The listings give previous car numbers for rebuilt cars, from which I have derived the previous class and underframe type.   Such info can influence modelers as to the ratio of Bettendorf to Built-Up underframes they have on their models - or pick accurate car numbers for each underframe type for the high-accuracy modeler.

Samples of the listings and those summaries that are done (classes R-30/40-18, R-30/40-19, R-30/40-21, and R-30/40-24) are presented at :
https://harley-trains.smugmug.com/PFE-FRT-DATA/PFE-Wood-Ice-Reefer-Rebuilds/
I am still working on other car classes, but it is tedious work and may be awhile before I get more done.
For more info about PFE Wood Ice Reefer underframes, see:
https://harley-trains.smugmug.com/PFETrainPhotos/PFE-Wood-Ice-Reefers/Bettendorf-vs-Built-Up/
If you would like a copy of the detailed Excel files, or want to help transcribe the data, contact me at:
Dick -dot- Harley4UP -at- verizon -dot- net

Enjoy,
Dick Harley
Laguna Beach,  CA