Kit-bash fodder - Mid 1920s 3/3/3 dreadnaught end

Robert kirkham

Thanks for the suggestion Paul.  I will be going with Andy Carlson's 3/3/3 end, rather than cutting up the Roundhouse car.  With a little more research I realized I needed 2/3/3 ends, so will have to make modifications.  Part of the fun.

That said, the Galloway site is a walk down memory lane.  And one starts to imagine other kinds of kit bash possibilities (especially clerestory baggage cars).   I’m curious whether anyone has the ability to speak to the car body height on the steel boxcar kit: https://squareup.com/store/gallowayenterprises/item/acl-coast-line.  The photo doesn’t show dimensional data, so no clear info about the car interior height. Door and rivets on the side look alright.  I’m assuming it would require junking parts and finding others. Lots of work, but for the right model and $1, hmmm.

Rob

On Sep 4, 2020, at 9:40 PM, Paul Krueger <kruegerp12@...> wrote:

You can get Roundhouse shells here for $1 each, plus shipping.

http://www.gallowayenterprise.com/

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA
_._,_._,_