Re: Kit-bash fodder - Mid 1920s 3/3/3 dreadnaught end

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Rob,

If you need just one or two pieces, the $15 shipping charge makes this a rather expensive option. Order a pile of them, and maybe it's not so bad, but do any of us really need a whole stack of Roundhouse bodies in our workshops? I have more projects stockpiled than I will ever finish . . . but those combine bodies do look like they might be fun to shorten. Hmmm.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 2:52 AM Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:
Going by the door, I would say that this is a 10'6" IH box car body.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Friday, September 4, 2020, 11:07:18 PM PDT, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

  I’m curious whether anyone has the ability to speak to the car body height on the steel boxcar kit: 24188 ACL Coast line.  The photo doesn’t show dimensional data, so no clear info about the car interior height. Door and rivets on the side look alright.  I’m assuming it would require junking parts and finding others. Lots of work, but for the right model and $1, hmmm.

Rob