Re: Flat Black

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

I can’t say anything about Star brand paint as I’ve never seen it or used it but I think you’re all wet when it comes to Tru-Color. As I’ve stated on this list before, I knew Accu-Paints George Bishop very well. The first four NERS decal sets were both designed and printed by George & Ron for me. I used Accu-Paint, and now the same paint sold as Tru-Color, since it was first introduced back in the 1980’s when Floquil began giving George a lot of nonsense. In all these years I cannot recall ever having used Accu-Paint thinner and know I’ve never used Tru-Color thinner. I use a mixture of automotive lacquer thinner and zylene and have never had a problem in doing so.

Cordially, Don Valentine