Re: Dimensional Data - wrong assumptions

Robert kirkham

Is it the width at those heights?

Rob

On Sep 5, 2020, at 11:01 AM, Aley, Jeff A <Jeff.A.Aley@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

The dimensional data in the attached image doesn’t make sense to me.  I tried to puzzle it out using the ORER, but no luck.  Obviously I have a wrong assumption somewhere.  Here’s my thinking and you can tell me where I’ve gone wrong:

EX. W 10 – 5 is the Extreme Width of the car.  It’s the widest point of the car.  H. 13-1 is the Extreme Height of the car.  It’s the highest point on the car (over the running board or brakewheel).
E.W.  9-4 is the Eave Width of the car.  It’s how wide the car is at the eaves, so one will know if it’ll clear a canopy on a loading dock.  H. 14-0 is the height of the car at the eaves, again so that it can clear a canopy.

How can the Eave Height be 14-0, which is greater than the Extreme Height of 13-1?  Obviously I’ve misunderstood something, but what?

BTW, the ORER gives the “Height, To Extreme Height” as 14-8.  So what, then, is the “H 13-1” next to the EX. W??

I don’t think it’s a stencilling error, as I see a similar discrepancy on a UP A-50-21.

Thanks for your help,

-Jeff

<UP 183586 7-30-1950.jpg>