Re: Dimensional Data - wrong assumptions

Dave Parker

In my experience, if you look at multiple ORERs over the years, the outside dimensions are often inconsistent, especially the various heights.  I'm not really sure what changed -- conventions, hardware on the car, other?  I also have seen examples of that H at the EXW being quite low (~5 ft), but am not sure I have seen it in an actual car stencil.

Whenever possible, I follow what's in a period-appropriate photo.  Absent that, I may go with what's in an ORER if it seems to make sense.  Absent that, I fake it.  If I don't know what the correct dimension is, what are the odds that somebody else will (and notice)?
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA