Re: Dimensional Data - wrong assumptions

Dave Parker

Well, I knew as soon as I wrote that someone would find an exception.

My excuse is that those steel cars are from the future.  I have never seen the EXW and EXH stencils on a 36-ft car, a USRA car, or an XM-1, regardless of when the photo was taken.  Including this one:

No Idea why the B&M did not apply these stencils on so many other cars.  But I think there are other examples out there as well, certainly for individual cars well past the 1930 implementation date.  I hesitate to say this, but I don't see them on any PRR cars in my rather meager collection either.  But then I don't have anything built later than the X29s.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA