Re: Loading Grain In A Refrigerator Car (1918)

mel perry

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020, 1:32 PM mel perry via groups.io <clipper841=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
just looking at the tracks, the rails may
be there, but the track doesn't look like
it seen any cars?, if they ever stayed on
the rails, plus the rails in the google
photo look rusty as you know what,
judging by the shine on the tail end
of the wye, the end hasn't seen much
traffic, just observing, course if anyone
has RECENT photos of the end, i would
happily stand corrected
;-)
mel perry

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020, 1:20 PM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:
Mel,

Why would you say that? Go to the satellite view and you can see that the spur connects to somebody's line at a wye.

It really does look very model-genic!

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, Al