Re: Photo: PRR Depressed Center Flatcar 470011 (1949)
From: Brian Termunde
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 15:34:43 PDT
Bob,
Thanks for sharing this. I especially appreciate knowing some of the background as my uncle worked there for quite some time and it's been a part of Salt Lake for many years. My uncle and his family lived not too far south of the plant (walking distance, although I rather doubt that Uncle Vern would have walked! <G>).

I do want to stress that I am NOT trying to shoot the messenger as the information provided is what's on that very interesting website, however I don't think that it was taken at the actual Gadsby Plant. In the photo;

There's a small hill on the viewers right, the area around the plant, for as long as I can remember. Here's a link to a Google map showing the area;

That being said, I am sorry but I cannot offer any suggestion as the the actual location.

Bob, Thanks again for another interesting photo!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Midvale, Utah