Re: Photo: Pittsburgh & Shawmut Railroad Dump Car M-24 (1954)

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Bob,

I found a similar car on the RF&P around 1988. It would seem that the entire gondola part of the car can be tipped using train air. Even says "AIR DUMP" to the left of the coupler. Other than that, I know nothing about who built these or how common they were. Nice to know they were around in our era of interest.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 10:28 AM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photo: Pittsburgh & Shawmut Railroad Dump Car M-24 (1954)

A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh Collection:

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A31-PandS-6-M-24

Click on the photo and then scroll to enlarge it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA