Re: What car is this on the Rio Grande?

Josh

I know Parker and saw his scan of the slide. That is a silver painted car, I'm not sure how any of you are seeing red. It's a single door, not double. The D&RGW painted a few dozen (if I remember correctly) Pressed Steel Car Company 40-foot boxcars silver with black lettering for service at the Denver Keebler bakery, which became known as the "Cookie Box" scheme. It may be one of those. There are a few dozen of these cars scattered across the landscape in the San Luis Valley still. A google image search will yield many good photos.