Thanks,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Sep 10, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Model Power makes a plastic model of this car in N scale.

I don't know if they paint/letter it for CB&Q though...

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] What Is This Flatcar Load?

Thank you for the ID on the load.

What I would like to know is … where can I find a model of this flat car? Or any info at all?

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Sep 10, 2020, at 11:59 AM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Folks,

I was pretty sure that these were not generators because of the additional equipment and the nature of the trailer. I asked over on the 1-87Military Modelers group and Jim Eager replied:

”Those are AN/MPQ-4 mortar fire finder radar units.  The TM for them is 11-5840-208-10. The power generator and other auxiliary equipment for them would have been on a separate trailer.”

To translate, these are small radar units used to locate the source of incoming enemy mortar fire and direct counter-battery fire to suppress them.  Neat!

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

On Sep 10, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

What Is This Flatcar Load?
This is a photo from  Marty McGuirk's Central Vermont Railway blog:
Can anyone identify the load? Perhaps military generators as suggested by Marty?
Thanks.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA