Re: Photo: Loading Coal Into Boxcars? (1914)

Mont Switzer

Dennis,

Yes, charcoal briquettes.  My the way, the coal in bags dispensed from Consumers Coal and Ice were coal briquettes also.  Not sure if that was the term used for this type of coal, though.

Thanks for jogging my memory.  Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.