From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Thompson
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 3:58 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] News regarding long-time list member Dr. Denny Anspach

 gary laakso wrote:

Per a post on Railway Preservation News' Interchange discussion board (http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=1), long-time list PassengerCarList member Dr. Denny Anspach, one of the founders of the California State Railroad Museum, is in hospice in Sacramento with an inoperable throat tumor.

     This is sad news, though not totally unexpected. Denny's health has not been great in recent years. But his contributions to the California State Railroad Museum are immense, and one could hardly ask for a more gigantic legacy. For me, he has been a good friend and, often, confidant and fellow striver with ancient-era HO scale freight cars. And many know his genial face from most of the Cocoa Beach meetings. He is sure going to be missed.

Tony Thompson