Re: truck screws for brass models

Tony Thompson

Mont Switzer wrote:

I guess I did the same with my brass caboose fleet only I am probably a bit more "ham handed" in how I accomplished this.
First, I got rid of the brass trucks. I was able to find matching styrene trucks for each model, leaf springs where required and all. I equipped them with REBOXX wheel sets.
I would guess a solid majority of my brass freight cars have been re-trucked -- a few of my commercial styrene cars also . . . not mentioning names.

I drilled and threaded the truck mounting holes for 2-56 screws and added a washer if needed.
As I mentioned, I have resorted to this on occasion too. Wish the brass importers cared more about us operators.

Tony Thompson
tony@...