Proto 2000 Stock Car

Ray Carson

Hello,

I'm curious about something about the Proto 2000 stock car that I'm interested in buying from my LHS.

So most of the models seem to be painted and modeled after WWII. What modifications can I make to one to fit my year of 1939? Would they more than likely have K brakes at this time?

I'm not sure what railroads owned these stock cars, I've seen NP owned a few. What possible railroads could I fit this in?

Finally more of a general but maybe dumb question, would a stock car from let's say New York Central end up in a western state like Utah? It seems stock cars would've stayed on their own railroads but I could be wrong.

Thanks, Ray