Re: truck screws for brass models

Mont Switzer

Tony,

Before anyone cringes about my "getting rid of" the brass trucks on my brass models, rest assured they are safely stashed in the original boxes. I guess I unknowingly am making it easier for those handling my estate.

Yep, I've re-trucked a few styrene models also, especially those with mounting "pins." I usually have to sleve those large holes with styrene tube stock, then drill and tap for 2-56 mounting screws.

Mont Switzer

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 8:25 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] truck screws for brass models

Mont Switzer wrote:

I guess I did the same with my brass caboose fleet only I am probably a bit more "ham handed" in how I accomplished this.
First, I got rid of the brass trucks. I was able to find matching styrene trucks for each model, leaf springs where required and all. I equipped them with REBOXX wheel sets.
I would guess a solid majority of my brass freight cars have been re-trucked -- a few of my commercial styrene cars also . . . not mentioning names.

I drilled and threaded the truck mounting holes for 2-56 screws and added a washer if needed.
As I mentioned, I have resorted to this on occasion too. Wish the brass importers cared more about us operators.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.