Re: Photo: Many Tanks Cars (Undated)

Dave Parker

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 06:43 PM, Richard Townsend wrote:
In the 1955 tank car tariff it shows Sinclair had several 2-compartment tank cars, but most were 6,000-gallon cars and the remainder were 5,000-gallon cars. This one is much bigger and looks to me to be in the 8,000 to 10,000 gallon range. I wonder what a tariff from a time closer to when the photo was taken would show.
In the 1919 tariff, SDRX shows a single two-compartment car, 4000 gallons total.

In the 1936 edition, there were 40 two-comp cars, mostly 6000 gal, with a handful of smaller ones.  None bigger.

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA