Re: RIP: Denny S. Anspach

Bruce Smith

Steve, Folks,

Steve - thank you for posting this photo - it is so quintessentially "Doc Denny"! If I remember correctly, he was sharing a story that my models had stimulated. I will miss his gentle demeanor, which disguised a very serious intensity. As some may know, but many may not, Denny was a PRR fan and knew a great deal about the PRR in addition to his favored western roads. In addition to being a historian of railroads, Denny was a historian of modeling, and I will also miss his efforts to bring the past into the present, usually with a very old kit, done up to his more exacting present day standards. But most of all, I will miss his warmth and friendship.

Clear Tracks my Friend!
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Steve and Barb Hile <shile@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:38 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] RIP: Denny S. Anspach

Denny with Bruce Smith from Cocoa Beach 2015.  Always with a story to share.

He will be greatly missed.

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Aley, Jeff A
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:22 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io; PassengerCarList@groups.io; RockIslandLines@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] RIP: Denny S. Anspach

It is my sad duty to inform you that my great friend, Denny Anspach, passed away today, September 20, 2020.  Denny was a man of great accomplishments, not only within our hobby of prototype and model railroading, but also in other areas.  But to me his greatest attribute was his friendship and mentoring – which I will try to “pay forward” until we meet again.  I was often impressed by the fact that he knew so many great individuals.  I gradually learned that Denny had a tremendous ability to focus on a person’s best traits, no matter who they were.  All people are great and highly accomplished in some way, and Denny always spoke of a person’s finest character.

I will miss him tremendously.

-Jeff Aley

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.