Re: RIP: Denny S. Anspach

Schuyler Larrabee

Jeff,

Thanks for reporting this extremely sad news.  I am extremely sad to receive it.

Simply put, Denny was a great man, a practitioner in real life of a very difficult profession, and in his recreational life, he utilized the empathetic skills as powerfully as he did in his medical practice.  Never one to criticize another’s work, on the other hand, he would answer a question as well as anyone in this hobby could, from electronics to detailing to the history of a car or locomotive.

I have to add that he influenced some of the most personal decisions of my life, far from the hobby aspect, and I have always been thankful for the counsel he provide in a very tough time for me.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Aley, Jeff A
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:22 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io; PassengerCarList@groups.io; RockIslandLines@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] RIP: Denny S. Anspach

It is my sad duty to inform you that my great friend, Denny Anspach, passed away today, September 20, 2020.  Denny was a man of great accomplishments, not only within our hobby of prototype and model railroading, but also in other areas.  But to me his greatest attribute was his friendship and mentoring – which I will try to “pay forward” until we meet again.  I was often impressed by the fact that he knew so many great individuals.  I gradually learned that Denny had a tremendous ability to focus on a person’s best traits, no matter who they were.  All people are great and highly accomplished in some way, and Denny always spoke of a person’s finest character.

I will miss him tremendously.

-Jeff Aley

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.