Re: RIP: Denny S. Anspach

Mont Switzer

Jeff and all,

There are not enough words to describe what Denny meant to both my wife and I.  Jeff, I could not  have said it any better.

Looking back,

Denny liked to build wood kits and he was a master at it.  Once I knew this I purchased some “golden oldies” at train shows and sent them to him to enjoy.  Then I found a wood kit I wanted to keep.  It was partly built, no remaining parts, no instructions or manufacturer information.  I sent it to Denny and asked if he would complete it figuring he had a stash of vintage detail parts.  The car came back beautifully done along with a history of the model as well and the manufacturer.  I will always think of Denny when I see that car.

A visit to Denny’s layout was a pleasure.  Many if not most of his cars were from wood and metal kits.  They were so well done you would not recognize this until he shared the sources of the models.

Denny was meticulous about his fine brass collector locomotives.   They had to run perfectly before he would install DCC and sound.  His painting was masterful also.

I could go on and on.  Seeing him twice per year was not often enough.  He always had more to share.  Denny was Denny and that was just fine with me.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.