Re: Using Pledge

Mont Switzer

Les,

I think the Pledge you are referring to is the old Future Floor Wax.  If that is the case I can relate my experience with it.

1.       When using flat or semi-gloss paints I apply the Pledge before decals.  This product seems to suck the decals down when a[applied afterwards.

2.       I spray Pledge through my air brush and apply it with a paint brush depending on the size of area I am working with.

3.       Over time the Pledge gets a little thick in the bottle, but it is easily thinned.  I used distilled water.

4.       I do not feel there is a need to use Pledge over Scalecoat and Scalecoat II glossy finish paints.  They take decals well.

5.       Pledge dries fast and is decal ready in about 15 minutes.

6.       I believe it has some self-leveling characteristics.

I have not tried using Pledge OVER rivet decals, but it seems like a pretty good idea to try.  I do try to avoid applying any sort of decal on unpainted (uncoated) styrene.  The rivet and weld seam decals seem to adhere better to paint or Pledge.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.