Re: Using Pledge

Bruce Smith

Mont,

Yes, the military modelers, from whom I learned about Future, overcoat decals with a coat of Future to help them disappear. I think that the idea is to have a similar finish on the entire model, prior to applying a flat finish. I can’t say I’ve noticed a huge difference, but on cars where I am not going to be weathering much, or at all, like my in-progress GN plywood cars, or some passenger cars, I think it does improve the final product.

Regards,
Bruce

On Sep 23, 2020, at 6:54 AM, Mont Switzer <MSwitzer@...> wrote:

Bruce,

I’ve not OVERCOATED decals with Future.  I assume it helps the decals lay down better and that is why you do it?

I use Testor’s dullcoat to eliminate the Future shine.  Sometimes a second coat is required.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer
President
Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.