Re: Question about weathering

Pierre Oliver

Ray
The best thing to do is get your hands a a stack of cheap freight cars and practice
Figure out processes and materials that give you the results you want
There’s a large array of products out there to discover

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On Sep 23, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Ray Hutchison <rayhutchison2@...> wrote:

Decided to post this after reading comments about pledge...

I am supremely unconfident about weathering cars and engines.  Is there a way to apply overcoat to original finish that might allow for removal of later weathering if one decides that the weathering did not turn out as expected?  A finish where acrylic colors might later be removed, for example?

(I have noted that there is a GN 4-8-4 with very heavy weathering that has sat at ebay for many months, I think the reason being that the finish is not something that anyone else would want sitting on their layout.)

rh