Re: Using Pledge

lsittler

Thanks for all the comments and information. This group is very helpful and I really appreciate it. Les

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone

On Sep 23, 2020 10:16 AM, Mont Switzer <MSwitzer@...> wrote:

Bruce,

Thanks. I will give that process a try; Future on both sides of the decal lettering.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.

Fall Creek Leasing, LLC.

mswitzer@...

(765) 836-2914

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:38 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Using Pledge

Mont,

Yes, the military modelers, from whom I learned about Future, overcoat decals with a coat of Future to help them disappear. I think that the idea is to have a similar finish on the entire model, prior to applying a flat finish. I can’t say I’ve noticed a huge difference, but on cars where I am not going to be weathering much, or at all, like my in-progress GN plywood cars, or some passenger cars, I think it does improve the final product.

Regards,

Bruce

On Sep 23, 2020, at 6:54 AM, Mont Switzer <MSwitzer@...> wrote:

Bruce,

I’ve not OVERCOATED decals with Future. I assume it helps the decals lay down better and that is why you do it?

I use Testor’s dullcoat to eliminate the Future shine. Sometimes a second coat is required.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.