Re: Another color image: HO WP 1916 built 40' SS box car resin parts

Randy Hees

We have one of these, believed to be 2711 (as a work car) at Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City... ours is believed to be last used as a rider car in the Elko wreck train... as such the end have been moved inward 2' or so creating platforms... windows were cut into the sides, and a water tank was added... Later it went to the tourist railroad at Heber Ut where the upper sheeting was cut away, making it a tourist rider car.   We acquired it in a "lot" of equipment in 1993... and it has sat until this year.  This year we have cleaned it up, replaced the arch bar trucks it was on when received with a set of cast steel caboose trucks, serviced and tested the brakes... It has a couple of burnt bearings which need to be rebabitted then it will return to service on our railroad.

Randy Hees