Re: Another color image: Sacramento museum HO WP 1916 built 40' SS box car

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Andy and Friends,

Is the stripped car WP 75895, the car CSRM restored and displayed outside the museum, or is it another survivor? I know it would be neat to have an example of one of the original 1916 boxcars, but the stock car was equally significant.

Attached are photos of 75895 (I think!) as I found it in West Sacramento on the SN about 1977 while awaiting movement to the CSRM, and later as it was displayed. The double-sheathed boxcar is SN 2350, which also went to the CSRM.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 11:19 PM Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:
Sacramento has a stripped of wood slats stock car. This stock car was built by the WP from rebuilt donor box cars of this subject.
Inline image

I toyed with making a burned out HO car with one of these resin ends. This is my 1st attempt.

Inline image

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA