Re: Question about weathering

Rob & Bev Manley

Tony,
As long as you are using Pan Pastels, you can use them as washes. Apply to the model and with a stiff bristle artist oil brush or alcohol moistened Q-Tip, and manipulate the color on the model. Never get the Pans wet with water or alcohol. You can also use it as a stain by heavily wiping down the kit's wood components dry and setting (soaking) the pigment with the IsoPropyl Alcohol. Gin or Vodka works as well.

Rob Manley
"Better modeling through personal embarrassment"

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 01:38:22 PM CDT, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

      I have a fairly extensive and well illustrated description of using acrylic washes, in what are called "Reference pages" on my blog. They are found in the upper right corner of each blog post. Here is a link to Part 1, which is the basics (there is also a Part 2 with more advanced and more detailed aspects):

I continue to rely primarily on this method, with assists from artist's color pencils and Pan-Pastels for added effects.

Tony Thompson