One other interesting point. This photo is on the Fallen Flags web site, where it is attributed to Jim Sands at Marshaltown, Iowa in 1966. In my 1959 ORER this series of cars only ran from 10000 to 10074. This suggests that car 10094 might not have been on the FDDM&S roster during our period of interest, though others of this class certainly were.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 11:22 AM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Well, Garth, what IS intriguing is that these two cars happen to be coupled together.  The odds are long . . .

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Garth Groff and Sally Sanford
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 5:26 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] F&C B&M XM1

Jack,

Really nothing intriguing here. The WAG and the FDDM&S were both H.E. Salzburg shortlines (IIRC, WAG in 1954 and FDDM&S in 1956). Both railroads used former B&M XM-1 boxcars, and the Salzburg management reassigned equipment among their various lines as needed.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 3:19 AM Jack Mullen <jack.f.mullen@...> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 12:00 PM, Benjamin Hom wrote:

Here's a Jim Sands photo of a car that went to the FDDM&S with a Youngstown door:

The intriguing thing about this photo is that the car to the left is also an ex-B&M XM-1, one that went to the WAG in the mid-'50s.

Jack Mullen