Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: HERX (Hershey) Insulated Boxcar Or Reefer (1960)

By the way, my information indicates that these cars were not used to transport chocolate bars, but were used to transport milk in 10 gal cans to the Hershey plant from outlying farms.  Hershey was (and may still be) the largest consumer of fresh milk in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  Hershey owned the farms and leased them to farmers who, in turn, sold all their milk to Hershey.  Hershey would inspect the farms regularly for sanitation.