Re: Old Photos from Southern Railway in Knoxville yard

Schuyler Larrabee

Well, I see crow is on the menu today . . .

I apologize for confusing ODC and Bon Ami.  Bon Ami contains feldspar and doesn’t scratch.  I cannot vouch for the performance of ODC.

The plant I mentioned (later verified as being in Manchester CT) is where Bon Ami is, or was, manufactured.  The can today says “Bon Ami Company, Kansas City MO 64101.”  I do not know where their plants are today.  It also is the can that states “Original 1886 Formula.”

My remarks about using ODC on brass should be that I have used Bon Ami on brass with great success.  I cannot confirm whether ODC is equally harmless.

I hope that this clarifies what I intended to say.

Schuyler