Re: Photo: ATSF (?) Boxcar 9260 With Pinto Bean Load (1914)

Eric Hansmann

I agree. This is a Big Four boxcar. The lettering follows what the NYC was applying to their cars in this timeframe. Part of the NYCL oval can be seen to the right of the banner.

It’s interesting to see the build date stencil look newer than the weigh date stencil. You do not see that everyday.

And I’m surprised nobody has commented on the Explosives placard on the door and linking that to the pinto beans banner.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN