Re: GATX fleet breakdown?

Dave Parker

Phil, that may be possible, but I haven't tried it either.  My comments pertained to RTRs and out-of-the-box kits.

Even with the Tangent 1917 design cars, I don't have a good sense of how many of them existed relative to things like the UTLX class X and X-3 designs.  There are some clues in the Railway Age annual tabulations of car orders, but even those require guesswork as to exactly what was built for each buyer.  We do know that the 1917 design did not last long, something on the order of 3-4 years before it was superseded by the longitudinal-course cars.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA