Re: Photo: TCWX Tank Car 115 (1931)

O Fenton Wells

I wish Tahoe made Taylor trucks.  Does anybody?
Fenton

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 9:28 AM Ben Sullivan <ben.sullivan75@...> wrote:
Just a minor side note, the RDG 100053 boxcar is of interest to me, only by coincidence. I model and research the Georgetown Branch of the B&O, with my layout set ca 1945-55. In one of the rare steam era photos I have in my files there is a car from the same series; RDG 100225. According to http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/rdg102751main.html these cars were from the same series of 500 cars built 3/25 by ACF, class XMt.

Here is the photo, May 30, 1956, Bethesda, MD, by R. Mumford.
http://gallery.sluggyjunx.com/railroad_and_industrial/georgetownbranch/gb_prototype_photos/r_mumford_collection/mumford-b-w_prints/35
(click to embiggen)

As a modeler, of course, I'm interested in representing this on my layout so the search is on for me to find out more about these cars in the HO scale space. Anyway, thank you for sharing!

--
Ben Sullivan
Brookeville, MD

--