Re: ice refrigerator car

Patrick Wade

An interesting note on ATSF usage. I read several works on the Harvey House operation. These company cars also delivered parshiables to the Harvey House kitchens. And when they got to the end of the line, on the trip back they hauled dirty dining room linen back to a central laundry facility.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 11:39 AM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
  I've recently completed a Westerfield kit, no. 10864, for a Santa Fe ice car conversion. A photo of the model is below. I have also written a summary of ice car operations, as they apply on my layout, as well as an explanation of the presence of a Santa Fe car like this on an SP layout. If you're interested, the link is below.

Tony Thompson
tony@...