Re: Photo: Heinz Vinegar Car (Undated)

Eric Hansmann

The photo Claus shared is dated 1949. It features the “House Where We Began”, the original Heinz house. In the photo description, it notes the house was dismantled in 1952.

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3AMSP57.B059.F08.I01

Here’s a 1952 image showing the House has been removed.

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3AMSP57.B066.F05.I04

The Heinz facilities were constantly changing over the years. The B&O and Pennsy tracks serving the facility changed little in comparison to the buildings that came and went.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN