Re: Tichy GSC Flatcar

George Eichelberger

I’ve had a number of projects “go bad” because I assumed the coupler height would be correct but discovered it to be wrong after too many details had been finished to do a major re-work on the underframe. If possible, I try to locate a drawing giving me dimensions to check earlty in the process.

Here is a part of a GSC flat car drawing from the SRHA archives… (measurements are always from top of rail). I have not checked the Tichy (PRR?) version against drawings but the Walthers car issued a number of years ago is nearly perfect.

Ike