Re: Tichy GSC Flatcar

Brian Carlson

This is one of those weird times when the Walthers car captures the look of the GSC prototype better. The tichy car molding is too sharp for a casting imho. I was going to do a Pennsy car at one time, but something stopped me.  I don’t recall what that was currently.

Removing the tichy weight works as Eric noted.

Brian J. Carlson

On Oct 15, 2020, at 10:32 AM, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

I’ve had a number of projects “go bad” because I assumed the coupler height would be correct but discovered it to be wrong after too many details had been finished to do a major re-work on the underframe. If possible, I try to locate a drawing giving me dimensions to check earlty in the process.

Here is a part of a GSC flat car drawing from the SRHA archives… (measurements are always from top of rail). I have not checked the Tichy (PRR?) version against drawings but the Walthers car issued a number of years ago is nearly perfect.

Ike

<GSC flat end measurements.jpg>