Re: Wabash 7000-7299

James Brewer

Ron,

I don't have a photo of these cars; however, I can tell you they were absorbed into the N&W as part of the 1964 merger with Wabash, Nickel Plate, etc.  They were designated N&W Class B69 and renumbered by adding 30 in front of the Wabash number. I've attached scans of the diagram N&W diagram sheets I have for this car.  N&W further renumbered and reclassified these cars but I have no idea why.

Note under the Car Body Data there are two Z stringers on each side; I'm not familiar with the model you have but maybe this was something you wanted to check on.

Also, there are several drawings, but no photos, of these cars in the NWHS archives which can be viewed here:

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/listdocs/select.php?index=rs&id=542

Hope this helps.

Jim Brewer