Re: Tichy GSC Flatcar

Steve and Barb Hile

Didn’t the initial Tichy molding have the brake wheel on the wrong side of the end sill?

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Carlson via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:51 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Tichy GSC Flatcar

This is one of those weird times when the Walthers car captures the look of the GSC prototype better. The tichy car molding is too sharp for a casting imho. I was going to do a Pennsy car at one time, but something stopped me.  I don’t recall what that was currently.

Removing the tichy weight works as Eric noted.

Brian J. Carlson

On Oct 15, 2020, at 10:32 AM, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

I’ve had a number of projects “go bad” because I assumed the coupler height would be correct but discovered it to be wrong after too many details had been finished to do a major re-work on the underframe. If possible, I try to locate a drawing giving me dimensions to check earlty in the process.

Here is a part of a GSC flat car drawing from the SRHA archives… (measurements are always from top of rail). I have not checked the Tichy (PRR?) version against drawings but the Walthers car issued a number of years ago is nearly perfect.

Ike

<GSC flat end measurements.jpg>