Re: Tichy GSC Flatcar

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Tom and friends,

Walthers must have fixed it. I have two of their examples, and both have the brake staff in the right place.

I particularly like the Walthers cars' separate deck pieces. It made painting the deck and weathering the flush metal parts much easier. Today I would probably replace the plastic deck pieces with real wood, but I think what I accomplished on my two cars are among the best flatcar decks I've ever done regardless of materials.

Maybe someday I will get around to putting the Southern decals on the back side of one of my cars. (Sigh!) This project got interrupted when I was ill.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:55 AM Tom Madden via groups.io <pullmanboss=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 09:52 AM, Steve and Barb Hile wrote:

Didn’t the initial Tichy molding have the brake wheel on the wrong side of the end sill?

No, that was Walthers.

Tom Madden