Re: Photos: Assorted Freight Cars In St. Louis (Undated)

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.

As these photos are from St. Louis, I wanted to determine which yard was the subject of these three photographs.  I determined that they are actually an industrial yard in north St. Louis City in the northern industrial area where a number of freight houses were just north of downtown St. Louis and just a few blocks west of the Mississippi River.

The business in the background is Carr Tromble Manufacturing, which owned Bilt Well Plans and Millwork.  They published plans for homes and would provide you with a home kit to build your home.

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.

514 Dover Place

Saint Louis, Missouri 63111

(314) 606-6118  (Telephone)

(314) 754-2688  (Facsimile)

MPFan1@...

Photos: Assorted Freight Cars In St. Louis (Undated)

Photos from the State Historical Society Of Missouri:

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/13798/rec/2

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/13220/rec/1

https://cdm17228.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/imc/id/13011/rec/1

Scroll on the photos to enlarge them.