Re: Tichy GSC Flatcar

StephenK

Thanks to all for the input.   I removed the weight and the car rides much lower, but still not quite right.   I will try a few different trucks and, if necessary, file the bolster down to get the car to ride at the proper height.

And I agree with Tony regarding the Walthers kit.   It is a better model, and the separate deck parts make it easier to paint.    The Tichy deck is really pretty poor--I used a square and X-Acto knife to carve new "boards."  The result was good, but carving and painting the deck (especially the small wood "inserts" at the ends) was a hassle.

Anyway, I am on my way to completion of this project...

Steve Kay