Digital Caliper Recommendation

Ken Adams

I seem to have misplaced my inexpensive digital calipers and two weeks of sporadic searching have only turned up the empty case. So I am in the market for a replacement and wondered if there was by any chance a version of digital calipers that would automatically convert the measured reading to a specified modeling scale value such as HO feet and fraction thereof.  Checking Amazon I did see on calipers that said readouts were in fractions of inches.  Perhaps the scale could be set so that you could select 3.5 mm/foot,  4 mm/foot, 1.9 mm/foot, 7 mm/foot or whatever ratio you desire.

Preferably the price of said magnificent instrument would be reasonably affordable to those of us who are poor or just cheap.
--
Ken Adams