The best I’ve found is a digital caliper that will convert Metric to Imperial with one button.  That comes in handy many times.

Thanks
Pete

On Oct 17, 2020, at 1:22 PM, Gene Semon <mopac1@...> wrote:

Ken,

None that I have ever found.  Micro-Mark had one planned, but that project never was finished.  PFM had a dial caliper in plastic & metal versions years ago that measured in in HO scale.  One appears now on then on an auction site or a train show.

Gene Semon

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Adams
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2020 12:58 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Digital Caliper Recommendation

I seem to have misplaced my inexpensive digital calipers and two weeks of sporadic searching have only turned up the empty case. So I am in the market for a replacement and wondered if there was by any chance a version of digital calipers that would automatically convert the measured reading to a specified modeling scale value such as HO feet and fraction thereof.  Checking Amazon I did see on calipers that said readouts were in fractions of inches.  Perhaps the scale could be set so that you could select 3.5 mm/foot,  4 mm/foot, 1.9 mm/foot, 7 mm/foot or whatever ratio you desire.

Preferably the price of said magnificent instrument would be reasonably affordable to those of us who are poor or just cheap.
--
Ken Adams